WRITER, AUTHOR, EDITOR
Since 2006, I've been writing my heart out through my company See Jane Write.
To express well-researched, clear messages in the form of articles, essays, ad copy and books.
- Freelance writer since 2006
- Content Editor, Edmonton Journal and Calgary Herald, Capital Ideas (2016)
- Author of Back Over the Mountains (Hay House India 2015)
- Columnist for the Edmonton Journal, Family and Fitness (2011-2012)
- University of Alberta, Bachelor of Arts, English Major. 2004.
- Memoir Writing, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension. 2006.
- Technical Writing, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension. 2006.
- Yoga Teacher Training, RYT 200 Hour.
- Founder and Director of The Compassion Project, a Canadian registered charity serving the remote valley of Tsum, Nepal. Our aim is to improve healthcare and education.
- Volunteer at the Edmonton Humane Society. 2015-Present.
- Guest speaker at Know It 2016.
- Guest speaker at 2015 Words in 3D Writing Conference.
- Guest speaker for Ted Bishop at the University of Alberta, Travel Writing class 2012 and 2015.
- Awarded the Alberta Foundation for the Arts Individual Artists Project Grant 2012.
- Judge for the Amber Bowman Memorial Travel Writing Award 2010.
- Shortlisted for the Writer’s Union of Canada 2010 Short Prose Competition for Developing Writers.
- LitFest 2010 Pen Canada Cabaret: Guest reader for my book Back Over the Mountains.